2009 - ENSEIGNEMENT 2009 Tronc Commun English
Common project of education in homeopathy
Initiated by the Société Savante d’homéopathie
Participation of delegates of French teaching structures
Definition of homeopathy (as defined internationally, by the WHO, 2009)
Homeopathy is a therapeutic method designed to improve a body's state of health via the administration of substances which have undergone experimentation, diluted and energised, and used as remedies, selected for the individual, according to the Law of Similars.
PRESENTATION OF HOMEOPATHIC METHODS
The theory behind homeopathy leads to the application of the right treatment for the patient. (Note : elements not directly related to day-to-day practice can be found in the appendix.)
Candidates must have a good knowledge and understanding of the following aspects :
The history of homeopathy
Homeopathic philosophy :
- The notion of functional disturbances and disturbances in the vital force, as identified by Hahnemann
Aetiology, semiology, physiopathology and somato-psychic unity
Hahnemann’s Law of Similars (by rote)
- Taking into account the overall and individual reactions of each patient.
* Observation of the patient’s either acute or chronic symptoms in consultation : through interview, anamnesis and clinical examination - both using classic and specific homeopathic techniques.
- Definition of semiology in Homeopathy: localisations, sensations, modalities, concomitant signs, causalities (Hering).
- Valorisation and hierarchisation of symptoms.
- Notion of susceptibility : Reactive modes (diathesis, predispositions), sensitivities, constitutions.
2. Materia Medica
- Sources for Materia Medica : traditional usage, toxicology, pathogenetic experimentation, clinical symptoms cured.
- Pathogenesis (experimental methodology).
- Homeopathic remedies and preparation methods:
Dilution dynamization and galenical preparation.
4 Follow-up and evaluation of therapeutic action.
Principles of amelioration and cure in Homeopathy.
Thenotion of symptom suppression or displacement.
5 Classification of illnesses : Hahnemann’s conception of acute illness, chronic illness and how acute symptoms manifest themselves in chronic illness.
Individual and collective acute illnesses.
Chronic illness in homeopathy
The psora, sycosis, luesa (Hahnemann)and tuberculosis (A. Nebel): Use of these models in modern chronic illness treatment
6 Prescription techniques :
- Classic homeopathy prescription techniques (unicism) :
Selection of a unique remedy taking into consideration the complete list of symptoms, of either the acute or chronic needs.
- Clinical homeopathy prescription techniques (pluralism) :
Remedies for acute pathologies.
Remedies for chronic pathologies: principal and satellite.
- Complex prescription techniques.
7 Scientific data available :
Presentation of homeopathic research data. (How and where to find publications on medline and other valid computerised sources.)
Integration of « Evidence Based medicine »in both homeopathic medical and
8 Evaluation of best practice
How to evaluate a homeopathic doctor.
The examination will ensure that both theory and practice will be applied overall in all possible situations, as well as to general medical practice.
STUDY OF MATERIA MEDICAE
- Candidates must show an acceptable level of knowledge of the remedies within the Materia Medica, and be capable of prescibing them in their daily practice.
- This “acceptable level” is defined as being familiar with :
• The origin, description and informed knowledge about each substance
• Its toxicology, traditional use, pathogenetic symptoms, and its curative clinical symptoms.
Medicinal comparisons with related/similar/relevant remedies.
- List of remedies
Candidates must be familiar with this key list – though it is by no means exhaustive, or restrictive – but knowledge of the following 100 remedies is the unquestionable basis of homeopathic medicine.
- ACTEA RACEMOSA
- 7.AMMONIUM CARBONICUM
- ANTIMONIUM CRUDUM
- ANTIMONIUM TARTARICUM
- APIS MELLIFICA
- ARGENTUM METALLICUM
- ARGENTUM NITRICUM
- ARSENICUM ALBUM
- AURUM METALLICUM
- BARYTA CARBONICA
- CALCAREA CARBONICA
- CALCAREA FLUORICA
- CALCAREA PHOSPHORICA
- CALCAREA SULFURICA
- CARBO VEGETALIS
- CICUTA VIROSA
- COFFEA CRUDA
- 42.FERRUM METALLICUM
- FERRUM PHOSPHORICUM
- FLUORICUM ACIDUM
- HEPAR SULFUR
- KALIUM CARBONICUM
- KALIUM BICHROMICUM
- KALIUM BROMATUM
- KALIUM PHOSPHORICUM
- LAC CANINUM
- LILLIUM TIGRINUM
- LYSSINUM (HYDROPHOBINUM)
- 64.MAGNESIA CARBONICA
- MAGNESIA MURIATICA
- MAGNESIA PHOSPHORICA
- MERCURIUS SOLUBILIS
- NATRUM CARBONICUM
- NATRUM MURIATICUM
- NATRUM SULFURICUM
- NITRICUM ACIDUM
- NUX MOSCHATA
- NUX VOMICA
- PHOSPHORICUM ACIDUM
- RHUS TOXIDENDRON
- SULFURICUM ACIDUM
- SULFUR IODATUM
- TARENTULA HISPANICA
- VERATRUM ALBUM
100. ZINCUM METALLICUM
Therapeutic strategies are the way we link theory to practical use of Materia Medica and make use of the technical repertories at our disposal
Below is a comprehensive list of homeopathic nosological clinical diagnoses:
• Fever, and infectious childhood illnesses
• Coryza, rhinopharyngitis, angina, tonsillitis and flu
• Tracheitis et laryngitis
• Semiology : elementary digestion (diarrhoea, vomiting, constipation)
• Colorectal problems
• Haemorroïdes and fissures
• Locomotive problems
• Otitis and sinusitis
• Zona and herpes
• Jaundice and hepatitis
• Digestive, duodenal pathologies
• Asthma and breathing problems
• Problems of the circulation/blood
• Headaches and migraines
• Trauma effects
• Arterial pathology
• Growth problems
• Children’s behavioural problems
• Menstruation problems
• Uninary pathology
• Adults’ behavioural problems
• Menopause problems
• Trembling, and balance issues
* Specific homeopathic issues for breast-feeding infants
This course will only be open to qualified doctors, pharmacists, dental surgeons, midwives and vetinerary surgeons, ultimately to take their learning into their professional practices.
The proposed qualification – the National Diploma of Homeopathy – would entail a total of 350 hours of training (coursework and supervised practical work). There must be a good balance of practical exercises and clinical experience, and we would recommend that it spans a three year period, and should include a dissertation.
The first year’s training (110 hours) would result in a “Certificate of Homeopathy – Initiation Stage”, awarded after passing the end-of-year exam.
The Organon by S. Hahnemann
L’art de guérir by J.T. Kent
L’Homéopathie, médecine de l’expérience, Demarque
Conception homéopathique, Conan Mériadec
Jouanny, Demarque, Crapanne, Poitevin
Hahnemann’s original Materia Medica
History of Homeopathy
The history of homeopathy by Rabanne
Kent’s Repertory translated by Broussalian, Horvilleur.
( Note: the FMC dictates that any initiation training in Homeopathic medicine must be followed up by further training, to build on the basic training received. )
Text signed by the delegates from French schools, initiated by the Société Savante d'Homéopathie.
Dr Jean Luc Allier, Dr Mourad Benabdallah, Dr Micheline Deltombe, Dr Antoine Demonceaux,Dr Didier Deswarte, Dr Alain Diais, Dr Jean Philippe Dupré, Dr Françoise Morin, Dr François Gassin, Dr Jean François Gouteyron, Dr Dominique Jeulin, Dr Alain Joseph, Dr Patricia Le Roux, Dr Jacques Prat, Mr Albert Claude Quemoun, , Dr Gérard Sanchis, Dr Yves Maillet, Dr Louis Mathieu, Dr Pierre Popowski, Gerard Delahaye.
Dr Daniel Scimeca.
Schools represented:Faculté de médecine de Bobigny, Bordeaux, Lilles, Marseille, Ecole Française, CHF, CEDH, INHF Paris, Ecole Dauphiné Savoie ,SMB et FFSH.Facultés de : Reims, Strasbourg, Lyon, Angers, Nantes, Limoges et Brest.